Although in my last post I said that it’s important to reach out to others when your struggling, it is also important that you don’t fill all your spare time with social events, surrounding yourself with lots of people. If your anything like me, spending time with people is great (especially when your stressed and need to let your hair loose) but it’s also important to take time for yourself, to really check in with your body and practice self-care. I often find this is especially needed on a Friday night; after a long week of work I often full really tired and run down. So while some might celebrate the end of the working week with a night out, I often celebrate with a long soak in the bath, a good book and an early night.
Here are a few things I have tried that have helped me practice self-care:
- Take a bath with a good book and a face mask
- Make sure you get enough sleep – get an early night if you need to
- Make sure you eat enough healthy foods to give you fuel for your day. Don’t rely on sugar – your likely to experience a real low during the last few hours of the day
- Practise some form of fitness throughout the day; whether its going for a run, hitting the gym, working out from home, or even a gentle yoga and pranayama session.
- Meditate – apps like headspace are amazing for this and there are even some good playlists on youtu1be that have helped me.
Here are some other things you can try:
- Go for a walk – focus on your senses.
- Cuddle up with a pet
- listen to music
- List 5 things you’re grateful for
Do you guys have any ideas or tips that you use for taking care of your wellness? Let me know in the comments!