Vegan Recipe – Sweet potato and kale chilli

So yesterday me and josh decided to branch out and try cooking something different. After a few searches on Pinterest I came across a recipe for sweet potato and kale chilli. As I rarely follow a recipe, I amended it and added in some extras, so I thought I would share the recipe with you all! This was a delicious, easy vegan meal perfect for that midweek lack of imagination that I always struggle with! So here it is …

Ingredients

3/4 medium sweet potatoes, cubed

1 onion, chopped

1tsp garlic purée

1 red pepper, sliced

1 tin of kidney beans

1 tin of baked beans

1 tin of chopped tomatoes

A couple of handfuls of kale

1 teaspoon of cumin

1 teaspoon of chilli powder (or more if you like it extra spicy!)

I am blessed and have a slow cooker, so I just prepped all my ingredients and threw them in, leaving it to cook for around 3/4 hours while I carried on with my uni work!

If you don’t have a slow cooker just fry off your sweet potato, onions and garlic, and then add in the rest of your ingredients! It’s that easy!

Let me know if you give this a try or if you like any other similar recipes!

Amy XOXO

14 Comments

1. July 28, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Oh my this looks yummy! I’ll be trying this soon as I have a few days off. Also, yay for slow cookers right?

• July 29, 2018 / 4:22 am

Do it’s amazing!! And yes I love them, it’s like real cooking but with no effort 😂 x

2. July 29, 2018 / 11:59 am

I’ve recently decided to start turning vegan and this looks yummy!

• July 29, 2018 / 6:46 pm

Good luck! I’ve tried so many times but I’ve found it so hard 😣 I’ve mostly given up dairy cause I’m lactose intolerant but it’s the ingredients they sneak in things that catches me out 🙈 let me know if you like the recipe! X

• July 29, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Oh really? I’ve found it quite easy I’m just struggling on the snacks side😬 ahh no way same, I’m lactose intolerant too! Yeah I have to google search everything😂 will do!xx

• July 30, 2018 / 7:12 pm

Yeah, snacks are really hard too, I’m getting better now that I’m LI cause I’m getting better at recognising what’s vegan 😊 think I’m gonna try to go vegan again once I’ve got used to lactose free first 🎉 xx

• July 30, 2018 / 8:50 pm

Yeah it does help a lot because you’re already looking for dairy free. Woo you go girl xx

3. July 30, 2018 / 7:19 pm

Amy!! This recipe sounds really delicious and easy. I’d love to try out. I found your blog amazing and your content attracted me.
    Kisses,
    Sima x | http://www.styleglint.com

• July 30, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Thanks! Let me know if you try it 😝 it’s lush! Xx

4. July 31, 2018 / 6:33 am

Definitely trying this out over the weekend!! Looks delicious, and seems easy enough. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. Xx